INTRODUCTION to IDEAS for Your Classroom or Ministry Using Web 2.0 Tools
As a catechist or parish minister, each of you has a unique situation and opportunity to utilize the Web 2.0 tools that are available to you. This website will help to give you a broad overview of many of the tools that may be valuable in catechetical ministry, but the final choice of what to use is up to you! As you explore these tools, here are some questions to consider:
- In your ministry or classroom, what are the typical topics covered in that age group? (For example, sacraments, morality, justice issues, forming community)
- Which Web 2.0 tools would be most useful, affordable and practical for you to use in your setting?
- In your parish and catechetical ministries, what tool could be integrated into a lesson plan or a parish ministry? How would you do this?
- What obstacles might there be for you as you implement Web 2.0 technology?
- What are your resources and who are the people who could support you as you implement Web 2.0 technology in your setting?
Claudia, Tim, myself and others will suggest some practical and easy-to-use tools that you can adapt to your classroom or ministerial setting. (If you would like to be on the blog team contact me.) Remember you have already started learning and experimenting with social networking through Facebook, Twitter and perhaps Digital Catechesis. There are many more tools to discover! In this blog you will hear about our favorites.
What is important in this endeavor, is that you are invited to continue the conversation about how you may be using a tool in your ministry. If you have learned of a new tool that you find useful, please forward this information through the Contact tab on this website.